Friday, July 20, 2007

Building A House In North Pole, Alaska

Well it's been May since I last posted. I spent two weeks a few weeks ago in North Pole, Alaska, as a part of a mission team building a house for a local pastor there. North Pole is about twelve miles or so east of Fairbanks.

It was a good trip (except for getting sick for one day early on in the trip).

Other than building the house we saw the following local attractions: Chena Hot Springs, the Chena Pump House restaurant, Denali National Park, the Knotty Shop, and the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. Some of our group experienced white water rafting while at Denali. Back in Fairbanks, I took in Pioneer Park while other members of the group visited the Riverboat Discovery (which I had previously visited on an earlier trip). We did go to Wal-Mart a few times and once to Barnes & Noble as well.

As for wildlife: I think I saw about four moose and that was about it for the big wildlife on this trip.

For those who think Alaska is always cold. You should know that the Fairbanks Airport recorded a 95 degree temperature on July 4.

There is a link of pictures of this trip. The address for it is: www.picasaweb.google.com/WBCAlaska

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home