Thursday, February 22, 2007

Paul is Not the Author of Hebrews!

Yes, I think I have established this. I don't know who wrote Hebrews, but I believe I can prove Paul did not write Hebrews.

In Acts, we have the story of Paul teaching in Ephesus before his departure. As the Bible says "As Paul went on and on.." a young man named Eutychus fell out the window and died. Paul went and raised him from the dead and then went back to teaching for the rest of the night. Obviously, Paul had no concerns about being long winded and was certainly not worried if these people had anything else planned that night as this story shows. Time was not a factor for him.

(Side note: There is a hilarious Apologetix parody of a Judas Priest song about this story. It's called "Listening After Midnight" and is on their Adam Up CD.)

Anyway, in Hebrews 11, the author clearly states that "Time does not permit me to tell of Barak, Jepthah......". The author of Hebrews is clearly concerned about available time and that cannot be the same man in Acts 20.

I rest my case.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man,

It's "uhdum."

What do you think about the possibility that the author is Apollos?

Adam

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home