Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What Would I Like To See In A Presidential Nominee in 2008

Someone who posted a comment on my last blog asked me the question on who I would like to see be the GOP nominee in 2008. As of this time, I have not settled on a name. Unlike the poster, I absolutely do not want to see Chuck Hagel be the nominee. We don't need a moderate Republican as a nominee because we do not want someone who bases their opinions on what they think is popular or on what the media likes or on what will make them popular with liberal Democrats (which is what I feel Hagel does).

What I would like to see in a nominee is someone who has Biblical values and Biblical character to match. I believe that what we call a political conservative best fits that bill. That means they will:

Be Faithful to their wife.

Be Pro-life on abortion.

Protect the sanctity of heterosexual marriage.

Understand that social ministry is to be done by the church and private organizations and not by government programs designed to make people dependent and servile.

Defend the USA through appropriate military means whenever necessary (as an aside, Pacifism by a government is unbiblical when you consider all of Scripture in its proper context and you don't pick and choose verses that you think support Pacifism).

Understand the true nature of terrorist groups and not try to coddle, ignore, or deal weakly with them.

Be opposed to big government and high taxes.

Actually cut taxes.

Appoint judges and cabinet members of similar beliefs as these.

Stand up to the so-called mainstream media and the liberals in congress in a loving, firm manner.

Articulate effectively the above agenda.

I don't know at this time who (of the potential candidates) best fits this agenda but I sure hope we get them.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home