Friday, September 14, 2007

Good Names for Rock Groups

After the previous column, I need to have some fun.

These are names I think would be good for rock groups.

Raging Timidity. (I like two words that don't go together)

Oat Bran. (Nasty food. Good rock group name)

Deep Dish. (I think it sounds better than "Deep Dish Pizza")

Dinosaur Droppings. (I would not want to be a member of this band)

Theological Nightmare (made up of Wayne Grudem on bass, Alister McGrath on keyboard, Millard Erickson on vocals, and John R.W. Stott on the drums)

Deleware (if you can have groups called Alabama or Kansas, then why not?)

Microwave Popcorn (this would be a good Disney Channel band)

One Hit Wonders (I like truth in advertising)

Office Politics (It started with four accountants and a dream)

Mildew (A good grunge band)

No Talent Hacks (another good example of truth in advertising)

The Electric Mowinkles (there was this German Old Testament higher critic named Sigmund Mowinkle who, while not being remotely close to the best biblical scholar, definitely had the best name of any biblical scholar)

Pipeline (I've been to Alaska recently so it's still on my mind)

Sermon Prep (Well, I preach so this is also on my mind)

and finally, the last (it may not be the best, but it's the last for now)

Democratic Meltdown (it all started with four Republicans and a dream)




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home